Google Analytics 4 (previously App + Web) is a new kind of property with several advantages over its predecessor that promises to take web analytics to the next level. Google has decided rather than updating or improving features of their existing 'Universal Analytics', they will be replacing it with Google Analytics 4 (GA4) on July 1, 2023. Meaning that Universal Analytics properties will no longer process data after this date and any new data will only flow into Google Analytics 4 properties
GA4 will offer many new properties. Here are some of the features that we believe will be most helpful for our clients:
- The improved customer Journey & engagement analysis
- Mobile app - custom analysis and data funnels
- In GA4 properties, you can send parameters with each event (e.g. for the blogs and articles you will be able to track using titles, author id, exclusive character name etc.)
- Enhanced visualisations and reporting
- Ability to create custom coding and drag and drop to create amazing reports that can be integrated with Google excel
These changes might impact your business so if you're brand new to Google Analytics, simply create an account and set up a GA4 property. If you already have a Universal Analytics set up in your Google Analytics property, add aGA4 property to your existing setup.
If you are interested in learning more or want some help analysing your company's data contact our team today.